• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Moondog

Moondog

Ever The Erudite

• Members
  • 2950 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 09:00 PM

ok i know all 6 pieces make 'Mist Ocean' which gives you a gold chocobo but what i wanna know is is it possible to get them all before getting the airship cos i've got all the graphs so far (i've just got the Blue Narciss)and need just the last 4 pieces from the lagoon but they don't seem to ever show up, i'm sure this happened on my last game but i eventually just carried on with the game.

anyway anyone know for sure if its possible.

Register or sign in to remove this ad!

#2 Sutremaine

Sutremaine

Knight

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 09:30 PM

The reason that the game doesn't let you have a Gold Chocobo before getting the airship is because you could then go to places you weren't supposed to.

You can Gameshark a Gold Choco, but if you go to places you shouldn't, it confuses the game.

There's also a glitch, detailed on Gamefaqs. The short version is that sometimes you can get a Gold Choco, but you might end up with a permanently depressed Garnet, since the game thinks she's already recovered because you've gone to the Sky Garden or Chocobo's Paradise, which you shouldn't be able to reach at that point in the game.

EDIT: Chocobo places, not Ipsen's Castle. That's where you end up.

Edited by Sutremaine, 10 April 2004 - 09:35 PM.

...He surrenders up to him his soul,
So he will spare him four-and-twenty years,
Letting him live in all voluptuousness...

#3 Blade Gash

Blade Gash

Prince

• Members
  • 2161 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 10:15 PM

well you say the lagoon seems empty because it doesnt seem to have anymore pieces right, well the way you know that there are no more chocographs in one hot and cold arena such as the lagoon is , it will tell you that "well i dont think there are any more pieces around here , maybe we should check somewhere else" or something along those lines , but regardless it should tell you when the lagoon is empty. try going back to the forest hot and cold game area where you first got choco
,you now have acces to play the same game but since you have the ability now to climb mountains ,there is a secret spot on either side of the screen that was once out of reach where you can dig now

so in other words try looking in a different area for pieces ,unless it hasnt told you that there are no more pieces to find in one given spot.just keep trying ,youll get em all one day

Transformers 2007
B.G.Posted ImageB.G.
Posted Image

#4 Moondog

Moondog

Ever The Erudite

• Members
  • 2950 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 10:20 PM

The reason that the game doesn't let you have a Gold Chocobo before getting the airship is because you could then go to places you weren't supposed to.

yeah thats what i thought :( oh well looks like i'll just have to carry on with the game (i don't wanna cheat), any idea exactly when it'll let me get the remaining pieces.

didn't know about that glitch, hah you learn something new everyday.

EDIT - Blade Gash i've definetly got them all i checked the official guide the only ones left are the ones in the air garden and the last 4 pieces i've had them all before anyway.

Edited by Moondog, 10 April 2004 - 10:24 PM.

#5 Sutremaine

Sutremaine

Knight

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 10:39 PM

any idea exactly when it'll let me get the remaining pieces.

You could consult a FAQ... or, failing that...

"Choco will never be more effective than your current mode of transport" is a good rule of thumb.

Off the top of my head...

Reef Chocobo is available after Gizamaluke's Grotto.
After that, you'll have to wait until receiving the Blue Narciss, when you'll be able to go to Chocobo's Lagoon and make Choco sea-going.
NB: You won't be able to get onto the Forgotten Continent. Trust me, I tried.
After the Desert Palace episode and the meeting in Lindblum (being vague here!), you'll have the Hilde Garde 3 and access to the Forgotten Continent. The game will then let you find the Chocograph to make Choco fly.

#6 Blade Gash

Blade Gash

Prince

• Members
  • 2161 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 10:40 PM

hmmmm so ... please reinstate the question one more time i dont think i know what you are asking?

its good that you dont want to cheat

anyway when i completed the whole chocabo thing i completed it after i came back from terra

thats after you cpome back from the other planet

Transformers 2007
B.G.Posted ImageB.G.
Posted Image

#7 Sutremaine

Sutremaine

Knight

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 10:47 PM

What, you went from nothing to Golden Choco, and all on Disc 4?

I could never do that. I'm addicted to the Chocograph and Dead Pepper treasures.

#8 Blade Gash

Blade Gash

Prince

• Members
  • 2161 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 10:59 PM

well not exactly . . . but i am a master of the game in all aspect , i have gotten most all the key ideams and all the side quests on my game have been completed , yeah im pretty dedicated to the game and im proud of it

bye the way i if you dont go to terra first before you get the gold chocabo then you cant get the ulta weapon for zidane so yeah i had to go through terra before because you have to search the ring of ice bergs where the gate to terra was to get zidanes best weapon

Transformers 2007
B.G.Posted ImageB.G.
Posted Image

#9 Sutremaine

Sutremaine

Knight

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 11:17 PM

Yeah, I think the Ultima Weapon is the only thing that has to wait until Disc 4.

And the Mognet sidequest if you haven't delivered all the letters... I think that's the one sidequest (bar Ozma et al) that I haven't touched yet.

#10 Kezu-Chan

Kezu-Chan

Knight

• Members
  • 1047 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 11:36 PM

Does anyone know where I can find Chocobo's Paradise? I can't seem to find it anywhere...
Posted Image
"I hear it's amazing when the gamouse purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"

#11 Sutremaine

Sutremaine

Knight

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 11:40 PM

Does anyone know where I can find Chocobo's Paradise? I can't seem to find it anywhere...

Uaho Island, at the extreme top left of the world map. You'll need a Dead Pepper to get into the side of the mountain.

#12 Blade Gash

Blade Gash

Prince

• Members
  • 2161 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 11:43 PM

oh yes that confuses alot of people because chocabo paradise is not located on the map

here is what you must do

go to any corner of the map the very very tip of a corner it doesnt matter which
,and you will see an island and if you look at your map youll see that the island is not marked

you need a dead pepper and a gold chocabo to get to this place

also by the way chocabo air garden is located in many places on the map , you will see a dark shadow on the ground , you mustfly under it and use a dead pepper to go to it

Transformers 2007
B.G.Posted ImageB.G.
Posted Image

#13 Kezu-Chan

Kezu-Chan

Knight

• Members
  • 1047 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 12:00 AM

Heh, thanks you two! Never thought of looking at the very tips of the places.
*reminds me when I was looking for the Deep Sea Research place in FFVIII*

Also, once you find the Air Garden, it will be marked on your map. Which is very convenient. ^_^
Posted Image
"I hear it's amazing when the gamouse purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"

#14 Blade Gash

Blade Gash

Prince

• Members
  • 2161 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 12:17 AM

yes , i used to hate trying to hut that thing down

Transformers 2007
B.G.Posted ImageB.G.
Posted Image

#15 Sutremaine

Sutremaine

Knight

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 12:29 AM

Ha, I still have trouble finding it when it's at the top of the Mist Continent, and it's marked on the map.

Ironically, the mid-ocean location is probably the easiest to find 'blind', since there aren't any distractions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users