• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Vladikk

Vladikk

Merchant

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 05:04 PM

I am a little concerned about the future of FFXI. I have heard that a lot of FFXI players have converted to WOW!! I s this true?, and if so do you think square will come up with something to bring these players back?

Register or sign in to remove this ad!

#2 Clubby

Clubby

Wicked

• Members
  • 3472 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 05:10 PM

IS FFXI DYING?

No.

do you think square will come up with something to bring these players back?

No, they are too concerned with XBox 360 FF release which I gonna take about another 100,000 into the game.

#3 Oddity

Oddity

Merchant

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 06:21 PM

No, they are too concerned with XBox 360 FF release which I gonna take about another 100,000 into the game.

Hm, I would've thought more than that considering both FF's popularity and the ever-growing interest people seem to have in Xbox 360 as a whole.

Edited by Oddity, 05 February 2006 - 10:20 PM.

#4 spidercrawl

spidercrawl

Commander

• Members
  • 1210 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 06:33 PM

IS FFXI DYING?

No.

I have heard that a lot of FFXI players have converted to WOW!! I s this true?

Yes, but you're like 5-6 months too late finding this information out. When WoW was released, that's when people converted. WoW's been out for months. There's actually been a lot of people who've already come back from WoW to FFXI.

if so do you think square will come up with something to bring these players back?

Treasures of Aht Urhgan says hello~ Along with the XBox360 release~

?_?

#5 Daedalus

Daedalus

To err is human but to really foul things up requires a computer

• Members
  • 8002 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 12:55 PM

lmao its Deja-vu! I made a topic like this a while back, but at the time my server had a very low headcount, even in US and JA peeks, but its all fine now.

Everybody lies. I don't ask why people lie, I just assume they all do. - Dr. Gregory House
We are not tools of the government...or anyone else. Fighting is the only thing, the ONLY thing i am good at, but at least I always fought for what I believed in -Grey Fox
FFXI | Daedalus | DRK75 - WAR75 - MNK75 - SAM68 - NIN63 | Valefor

#6 burningnoob

burningnoob

Peasant

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 03:33 PM

I hate it how PS2 version is dying. They don't even make the drives for it anymore i don't think. I play PS2 FFXI and i'm worried about how its gonna be for players like me after Xbox360 release.

#7 Daedalus

Daedalus

• Members
  • 8002 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 04:23 PM

I think Sony has realised that bringing the Net to PS2 so close to the PS3 release was a mistake. I think they are waiting for PS3 then reforming bonds with alot more MMORPGs.

Everybody lies. I don't ask why people lie, I just assume they all do. - Dr. Gregory House
We are not tools of the government...or anyone else. Fighting is the only thing, the ONLY thing i am good at, but at least I always fought for what I believed in -Grey Fox

#8 Heavens Cloud

Heavens Cloud

Impossible To Gauge

• Members
  • 2703 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 11:27 PM

I think Sony has realised that bringing the Net to PS2 so close to the PS3 release was a mistake. I think they are waiting for PS3 then reforming bonds with alot more MMORPGs.

Hopefully SE will find a way to gradually move all the players on PS2 to PS3 and XBOX... if they release it for PS3 that is :(
Heavencloud|WHM75/BLM75/NIN75/RDM75/BRD75/RNG75/WAR75/PLD75/SCH75|Kujata|RANK 10|
ZM Done|CoP Done|ToAU Done|
Leathercraft 100+6

#9 Daedalus

Daedalus

• Members
  • 8002 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 08:05 AM

They will if they think the game has any life left in it.

#10 kula shakerz

kula shakerz

• Administrators
  • 11775 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 04:02 PM

They should have made a new client for the PC users >_< (and now the Xbox360 users). It could have looked so much better /sigh. Doubt its gonna happen though since PC version was just a cheap port of the PS2 version (runs on mainly on CPU instead of GPU).

Edited by kula shakerz, 24 November 2005 - 04:04 PM.

Working on: Mako Framework & SQIN6. pens.png

#11 Curtiss

Curtiss

Peasant

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 09:25 PM

I personally have seen a drop in the number of players online at all times of the day. In fact i have quit and come back like 10 times myself in the last 3 years. But that shouldn't bother anyone it's like any other video game it comes and it goes I dont even think Diablo lasted as long as FFXI did online not to say it will dissapear tomarro they will keep it online for a few more years or until not enough people are playin to pay the tech to keep the server running. It will continue to decline in number of players that play it though. SE needs to come out with a new FF for online play this game has been out since when 2001 lol thats along time for a game to stick around. I heard FFXII isn't going to be online though but maybe soon they will have a new one I hope. :ninja2:

#12 Daedalus

Daedalus

• Members
  • 8002 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 02:03 PM

LMAO talk about reviving an old topic O_o This thread is nearly a year old,

:Dont post in old threads:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users