• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 tetsuda

tetsuda

wanderer

• Members
  • 4828 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 01:35 AM

I just bought this game (traded in 4 games and got it for $15) and it is amazing. ;-; The music is wonderfully orchestrated, the graphics are fluid, cartoony, and impressive, and the fact that the game is like a completely OVERCLOCKED old school RPG makes this game...umm...great! =D Defintely make some time to try it out, especially if you're an old school RPGer. It even has the sound effects from the older Dragon Quest games. ='3 I'm not even that far and already it's enraptured me in its...glory...? =x

Oh yes and the WORLD is just beautiful! Grassy hills, caves behind waterfalls, snowy peaks...it's one of those exploring/adventuring RPGs.

The Final Fantasy XII demo is alright...I can't say I'm a big fan of the battle system (which is basically all the demo lets you experience) but I'm sure it'll grow on me. I pretty much stopped playing it when I bored of watching Fran's butt up close as she ran. xP

Anyone else play it yet? You're thoughts?

[threaddefense]
*I know someone else made a thread about the game...but that was more of an "Are you going to buy it?" thread and I felt it wasn't specific enough. =P
[\threaddefense]

君をもっと僕をもっと感じて僕らは飛ぶ

Register or sign in to remove this ad!

#2 phantosanucca

phantosanucca

Despicable Plankton

• Moderators
  • 6775 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 04:57 AM

It's on my wish-list this year. I like that it has that kind of old-school RPG feel, just with today's graphics and gorgeously orchestrated music(I've only heard the Overture and the last boss music though). And Yangus and the Cursed King are just too awesome to pass up.

I read in a review that there's no world map. That's an interesting twist on the formula, but I think it might make the experience more involving, now that players won't be using it as a crutch to get everywhere.

Man goes to a doctor. Doctor says: "You're crazy". "I want a second opinion!", "Alright, you're UGLY too!" -Henny Youngman

Posted Image

#3 Dweebo

Dweebo

lawl

• Members
  • 2778 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 12:04 PM

I agree, it's really good. I love the old school system (even though I have said before I hate turn-based RPGs) and the graphics look nice. Leveling up is going to take a loooooong time. >_< :lol:

#4 Lauranthalasa

Lauranthalasa

Adventurer

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 06:37 AM

I have not gotten it yet, but I do have the demo. From what I saw it is an awsome game. It is at the top of my wish list.

#5 tetsuda

tetsuda

wanderer

• Members
  • 4828 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 05:40 PM

Another thing I forgot to mention is the sense of humor. The game is hilarious. xD Just wait for the Kahlimari boss fight. :lol:

君をもっと僕をもっと感じて僕らは飛ぶ

#6 Dweebo

Dweebo

lawl

• Members
  • 2778 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 05:26 PM

Another thing I forgot to mention is the sense of humor. The game is hilarious. xD Just wait for the Kahlimari boss fight. :lol:

COR BLIMEY!

Lol it's hilarious when Yangus has his random moments and says that.

#7 Blue Lightning

Blue Lightning

Peasant

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 02:54 AM

The game looks absoloutley outstanding. I can't put my mind to how much I want to exprience this game. I'm very glad to hear the old school sound effects are back, and that there will be some humerous dialogue.

Just reading this thread has made me start a new file on Dragon Quest VII, wonderful.

#8 Michelle Dessler

Michelle Dessler

Sir Psycho Sexy

• Members
  • 2290 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 03:58 AM

I want this game bad, but I don't have the money for a full price game.

Damn it.
Posted Image

#9 Blade Gash

Blade Gash

Prince

• Members
  • 2161 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 05:27 PM

shoul di have played the other dragon quest games if i was to play VIII, i mean , is it goin gto reduce my enjoyment if i have never played a game in the series?

Transformers 2007
B.G.Posted ImageB.G.
Posted Image

#10 tetsuda

tetsuda

wanderer

• Members
  • 4828 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 06:34 PM

shoul di have played the other dragon quest games if i was to play VIII, i mean , is it goin gto reduce my enjoyment if i have never played a game in the series?

Ummm...not by much. If you're a veteran player then you might get a slightly nostalgic feeling as it's apparently exactly like all the other games (same mmusic, sound effects, story structure, etc.), just spiffed up and made perfect. ;D

I haven't played any of the older ones and I love it.

君をもっと僕をもっと感じて僕らは飛ぶ

#11 Soliduswolf

Soliduswolf

Peasant

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 04:34 AM

Okay...bought myself a early Christmas present...Dragon Quest VIII. Im about 15 hours through it and i absolutely love it. Great graphics, great gameplay, great characters...the works. Its like playing an anime. Right now the story is straight forward...but judging how the story is going...its about to take a twist. Great stuff.

#12 Dweebo

Dweebo

lawl

• Members
  • 2778 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 06:18 AM

Okay...bought myself a early Christmas present...Dragon Quest VIII. Im about 15 hours through it and i absolutely love it. Great graphics, great gameplay, great characters...the works. Its like playing an anime. Right now the story is straight forward...but judging how the story is going...its about to take a twist. Great stuff.

Yea, there's one big one. Just a little hint, the game doesn't end as soon as you think it will...

#13 Soliduswolf

Soliduswolf

Peasant

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 06:37 AM

Yea, there's one big one. Just a little hint, the game doesn't end as soon as you think it will...

Sweeet. I havent played a good RPG in a long time. I look forward to being suprised.

#14 phantosanucca

phantosanucca

Despicable Plankton

• Moderators
  • 6775 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 06:13 AM

I got this for Christmas and I'm hooked. Scott Ramsoomair is an idiot. "Boring battles" my ass. This is probably the only RPG I've played where the random battles AREN'T annoying as hell. Maybe because, unlike Final Fantasy, there isn't one every couple of steps.
Man goes to a doctor. Doctor says: "You're crazy". "I want a second opinion!", "Alright, you're UGLY too!" -Henny Youngman

Posted Image

#15 Lauranthalasa

Lauranthalasa

Adventurer

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 02:50 AM

So, my brother got it for Christmas and it is amazing! I probably won't buy it until a price drop because I can just play his.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users