• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#16 vivix

vivix

Ranger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 06:43 PM

THat's what Taylor has except the harness which he wants.. it costs 13M for the harness. Other pieces are around 1M-400k. When SH was more than DH, all THF's on kujata should have sold their SH and got a DH. Dragon Harness is endgame gear for THF.
SAM75/MNK75/THF75/PLD75/BRD75/DRK64/WAR37/NIN37/WHM37/DRG37/DNC37/COR37 | Kujata | Bastok Rank 10 | WW: 71+1
LS:www.superbestfriendsls.freeforums.org

Register or sign in to remove this ad!

#17 Kain

Kain

Liberté égalité fraternité

• Members
  • 3376 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 05:31 PM

Leveling Bonecraft just to make a SH isn't very cost-effective. It will cost you way more than the cost of a SH to get bonecraft to a high enough level to synth it.

However, leveling a craft isn't a bad idea, but I just wanted to let you know that if your only reason for leveling it is to make a SH...it's gonna cost more than the SH. Also, Venemous Claws that are used in the synth are generally more expensive than the actual SH. But you could get lucky and HQ, but you probably need to be very close to 100 for that.

One suggestion I would make is to level your mnk to a level where you can destroy the skeleton mobs in Gusgen mines because you're gonna need tons of bone chips and thfs suck against bones dmg wise, but mnks get a bonus.
Nobody owes you anything in this world.

#18 spidercrawl

spidercrawl

Commander

• Members
  • 1210 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 12:36 AM

But you could get lucky and HQ, but you probably need to be very close to 100 for that.

My memory's a bit rusty here, but if I remember correctly you could get a rather decent HQ rate on Scorp.Harnesses by using an ackward Bone/Leather level. It was something like 96 Bonecraft with 64 Leathercraft. Semitry was one of the first to make it public (on Alla,) but no one really listened which is what I found so funny. Later on someone else posted the exact same thing, & more & more people started making SH+1s. That's all Sem did with his Bonecraft really, was pop out tons & tons of SH+1s.

Side-note: There's another weird combination of levels aswell for Byrnie (Leather main,) but to do it you needed atleast 89? Smithing I think. I can't remember anymore, but whatever level it is to obtain the last +skill item. Then de-level your Smithing all the way back down & raise your leathercraft so you could break the 2nd tier of HQ rate (or it was 3rd...I forget.) Believe it was Toan who did it on Midgard, he made a ton of Byrnie+1s & a ton of money from doing so. I think he more then made up for the loss of de-leveling his Smithing from 100 back down. Crazy, but yeah. D: Just a little tid-bit of info for ya. Hahah.

Either way, both require a good amount of knowledge about the craft, & a nice chunk of money to back-up the plan. :|

?_?

#19 Daedalus

Daedalus

To err is human but to really foul things up requires a computer

• Members
  • 8003 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 08:10 AM

How the hell do you dlevel craft skill?!? :what:

Everybody lies. I don't ask why people lie, I just assume they all do. - Dr. Gregory House
We are not tools of the government...or anyone else. Fighting is the only thing, the ONLY thing i am good at, but at least I always fought for what I believed in -Grey Fox
[RETIRED] FFXI | Daedalus | DRK75 - WAR75 - MNK75 - SAM68 - NIN63 | Valefor [RETIRED]

FFXIV | Daedalus Aegis | PLD i95 - BLM i93 - BRD i86 | Sargatanas

#20 kula shakerz

kula shakerz

• Administrators
  • 11782 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 11:54 AM

Just lvl another one

Working on: Mako Framework & SQIN6. pens.png

#21 Daedalus

Daedalus

• Members
  • 8003 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 02:48 PM

oh wow, so if i got 100Smithing and 60 GoldSmithing, and I syn to Goldsmithing 61, smithing will drop to 99? nice^^

Everybody lies. I don't ask why people lie, I just assume they all do. - Dr. Gregory House
We are not tools of the government...or anyone else. Fighting is the only thing, the ONLY thing i am good at, but at least I always fought for what I believed in -Grey Fox
[RETIRED] FFXI | Daedalus | DRK75 - WAR75 - MNK75 - SAM68 - NIN63 | Valefor [RETIRED]

#22 Vladikk

Vladikk

Merchant

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 02:51 PM

Leveling Bonecraft just to make a SH isn't very cost-effective. It will cost you way more than the cost of a SH to get bonecraft to a high enough level to synth it.

However, leveling a craft isn't a bad idea, but I just wanted to let you know that if your only reason for leveling it is to make a SH...it's gonna cost more than the SH. Also, Venemous Claws that are used in the synth are generally more expensive than the actual SH. But you could get lucky and HQ, but you probably need to be very close to 100 for that.

One suggestion I would make is to level your mnk to a level where you can destroy the skeleton mobs in Gusgen mines because you're gonna need tons of bone chips and thfs suck against bones dmg wise, but mnks get a bonus.

Thanks for the tip on using mnk to farm chips. O....I am not lvlg Bone for the soul purpose of SH, I really do want to take it all the way to 100 and then Leather to 60- Goldsmith to 40 - Blacksmith to 40. I heard these are great support crafts to Bone. But OMFG its gonna take forever!!!...O yeah..what lvl would be good for mnk to fight skeletons solo in Gusgen Mines???

Edited by Vladikk, 25 March 2006 - 02:53 PM.

#23 Kain

Kain

• Members
  • 3376 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 01:40 PM

Thanks for the tip on using mnk to farm chips. O....I am not lvlg Bone for the soul purpose of SH, I really do want to take it all the way to 100 and then Leather to 60- Goldsmith to 40 - Blacksmith to 40. I heard these are great support crafts to Bone. But OMFG its gonna take forever!!!...O yeah..what lvl would be good for mnk to fight skeletons solo in Gusgen Mines???

Well they're like level 10-12 mobs, so you'd be fine at 20 for actual farming, but the higher your monk is, the more easily you can farm bone chips. Another option would be to use your thf and go /mnk and use H2H. At level 45+ you'll get more bone chips then you know what to do with lol.

#24 vivix

vivix

Ranger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 03:39 PM

Actaully, if you do a synth to say goldsmithing to 100 and smithing to 60 and lvl your smithing one your goldsmithing will go to 99 and smithing to 61. But next after that when you level your smithing you goldsmithing will go to 97 and smithing to 62. After that 95 and 63. It does this so you cant gt two crafts to 80. So actaully dde-lvling your craft is a really bad idea because it'll take another 1M to get ur craft to 100 or so :o
SAM75/MNK75/THF75/PLD75/BRD75/DRK64/WAR37/NIN37/WHM37/DRG37/DNC37/COR37 | Kujata | Bastok Rank 10 | WW: 71+1
LS:www.superbestfriendsls.freeforums.org

#25 Taylor

Taylor

Peasant

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 07:27 AM

Update: Taylor has SH and it PWNS!

#26 sifar

sifar

Gwahahahahahaa...

• Super Moderators
  • 4401 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 12:15 PM

grats Taylor ... ^_^ ... yea it is very nice heh :)
FFXI >> Gwaihir | Kujata | RNK10
JOBS - PLD75, THF75, WHM42, RDM37 - MERITS - 219
MISSIONS - ZM17, CoP 8-5, ToAU SL - Cooking 66.7

#27 Vladikk

Vladikk

Merchant

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 01:35 AM

Hello everyone!! The tips have been great so far on crafting, thank you!! But I do have another favor to ask. I am trying to build an armor guide base on what armor is best for what lvl for each job. I am starting with thief first so here is what I need to know: The best armor for THIEF AT LVL. 10--20--25--30--40--50--60--70--75. I am doing it in these sets because of burning circles please take the time and help me build this guide. THANK YOU!! The guides will include all 16 equipment slots!!

Edited by Vladikk, 14 April 2006 - 01:38 AM.

#28 Taylor

Taylor

Peasant

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 06:06 AM

Homam corazza for 75!

hahahah

Edit: ok I'll say something useful

you cannot say which armor is best because some armor is hard as hell to get and some is easy. The best stuff is easy to point out, but is it easy to get? no.

Edited by Taylor, 09 May 2006 - 06:08 AM.

#29 Daedalus

Daedalus

• Members
  • 8003 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 07:15 AM

The easiest thing to do is know what jobs need what stats.

THF its DEX. more and more DEX for Sneak Attack to be more powerful. When THF gets Dancing Edge its good to stack on the Accuracy since its a damage amplifying attribute, but Acc is good to have beforehand anyways, so u can hit the damn mobs.

So pile on the DEX (AGI too maybe, that makes Trick Attack stronger) and Acc. Im not a THF so I dont know if its worth getting STR+ gear...

#30 Kain

Kain

• Members
  • 3376 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 05:54 PM

The easiest thing to do is know what jobs need what stats.

THF its DEX. more and more DEX for Sneak Attack to be more powerful. When THF gets Dancing Edge its good to stack on the Accuracy since its a damage amplifying attribute, but Acc is good to have beforehand anyways, so u can hit the damn mobs.

So pile on the DEX (AGI too maybe, that makes Trick Attack stronger) and Acc. Im not a THF so I dont know if its worth getting STR+ gear...

I'd say this is only half true. All thfs should have a TP setup and a WS setup. WS should have as much dex and agi as you can get, while TP build should have str, attk and acc as main stats. Attk is very important for thf because they use low damage daggers (and why they can't melee gods for shit)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users