• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 Brendan

Brendan

aka PG-13

• Site Staff
  • 4181 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 06:13 PM

Everything I've read says Lightning is the main character; just not a super feminine one like Yuna or Ashe.

@ Aesthetix: Re:Chain of Memories is the PS2 version that will come packaged with KH2 FM+ when it releases in early March. click me!

Register or sign in to remove this ad!

#32 elusive

elusive

Knight

• Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 07:19 PM

From what I've gathered Lightning is one of the main characters. Another recently confirmed character (the at this moment in time unnamed blonde male) is meant to be a key part of the story in some way. We'll have to wait for more information to be released I guess.

Edited by kaorin, 27 January 2007 - 07:30 PM.

Posted Image

#33 §carlett

§carlett

Dilly dally shilly shally

• Members
  • 3286 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 01:17 AM

I agree with Al, lightning is not really a great name. It is more around like an elemental name (duh). Umm but I am guessing that prob they will change the name as the project continues. All we can do is wait for more information.
Posted Image
Currently Playing: Rockband XBOX 360
Listening to: Paramore: Decode
JOIN MY ROLEPLAY NOW!

#34 §carlett

§carlett

• Members
  • 3286 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 09:30 PM

No new information has surfaced about FFXIII. Square did mention that the battle system will be in 3rd person and will resemble the kingdom hearts battle system but thats about all I can say for now.

Until then.
Posted Image
JOIN MY ROLEPLAY NOW!

#35 Brendan

Brendan

aka PG-13

• Site Staff
  • 4181 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 09:48 PM

No new information has surfaced about FFXIII. Square did mention that the battle system will be in 3rd person and will resemble the kingdom hearts battle system but thats about all I can say for now.

Until then.

Actually, yes an abundance of information has been made available as of late.

ownt.

#36 Admiral Fouldog

Admiral Fouldog

I got banned. Lulz

• Banned
  • 4350 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 07:52 PM

*Smirks* "Lightning"? "Mr.33cm"? What IS this? Seriously, you think they could give the actual name of ONE character out! I'm personally taking a dislike to all these ...stage names. I just find it pointless, really.
Sheesh...wow, I can't WAIT t hear what they'll call the blue haired ruler. :dry:

#37 Storm Owl

Storm Owl

Soldier

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 06:26 PM

I personally think that the FF Versus XIII looks more interesting then the FF XIII just because it looks different in a darker sort of a way, the music from the trailer so far seems really good too and from what I've seen in the FF XIII, the music there too looks pretty cool. I think that if we compare the XIII, compared to X2, X-2 and XII is that they seem to be less 'colorful', the sceneries seem like they are more colors we see in our world versus flashy bright colors in the last games (I don't know if I'm making any sense) they just seem more realistic and a bit darker then the last ones, especially the Versus XIII. Maybe this is possible because of the PS3 or maybe it's just that they are going for a different style and look but whatever the reasons, I like it! :hehe:

#38 §carlett

§carlett

• Members
  • 3286 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 04:13 PM

Square Enix programming supervisor Taku Murata revealed Friday that Final Fantasy XIII will not use Unreal Engine 3, the game will run on the White Engine as previously announced. The company is experimenting White Engine with Final Fantasy XII and use the experience on FFXIII.

Source: The-Magicbox

Wait wait wait... they are experimenting the white engine on ff12? Hmm... sounds interesting.
Posted Image
JOIN MY ROLEPLAY NOW!

#39 Storm Owl

Storm Owl

Soldier

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 05:50 PM

does anyone know when the FFXIII and FF VS XIII is supposed to come out? Hopefully soon but in another sense, if it's still a couple of years, the PS3 should be a bit less expensive to buy by that time ;)

#40 elusive

elusive

Knight

• Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 06:40 PM

does anyone know when the FFXIII and FF VS XIII is supposed to come out?

Square-Enix haven't confirmed release dates for either game. It's looking likely to be sometime next year at the earliest; it all boils down to how much time they spend on developing the games. The worst case scenario will be something along the lines of Final Fantasy XII with continuous delays which, as you stated, may become something positive rather than negative for those saving for a PS3.

Only time will tell.

Edited by elusive, 14 March 2007 - 06:41 PM.

Posted Image

#41 §carlett

§carlett

• Members
  • 3286 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 04:02 PM

Source: Gametrailers.com

Square Enix announced today more details regarding its private trade show, Square Enix Party 2007, including a full list of games that plan to make an appearance at the show. At the forefront of this list is the trio of games to be released under the "Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII" label: Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Agito XIII, and Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

The event has been scheduled for May 12th and 13th at the "world-famous" Makuhari Messe convention center, site of such video game-related trade events as the annual Tokyo Game Show. Admission to the event will be free of charge. In addition to devoting an area of the convention center to game kiosks, Square Enix also plans to create areas that will feature a mini-theater, a reading room, and gift shops devoted to both character goods and music CDs.

Square Enix of Japan has also opened a website pertaining to the event, which can be found here. (Japanese language only)

I cant wait till this event!
Posted Image
JOIN MY ROLEPLAY NOW!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users