Photo

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Poll: Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete

Would you buy the Blu-Ray DVD?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 M J Maranan

M J Maranan

Lord

• Members
  • 1434 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:57 AM

Okay, I think I'm posting this in the right board and sorry if this was discussed already. Basically, I just watched G4TV's XPlay and saw that Square-Enix is releasing FFVII: AC on Blu-Ray and calls it a Complete Edition because of retouched scenes where in battles, characters gain dirt on their clothes and blood from the damage inflicted. Also, some scenes are also added, particularly Sephiroth impaling Cloud again on his shoulder-arm area. (Flashback, anyone?)

~EDIT~
Basically, the release was March 2009 for Japan and no word on release for North American shores.

Obviously, this is just to milk more money out of the fans who love the series. My questions are these:

Do you think it would be worth buying just to see expanded/retouched scenes and to have it added to your Blu-Ray collection? Or are you waiting until they release news of extra added content?

I would appreciate some feedback. Thank you.

Edited by M J Maranan, 05 August 2008 - 01:06 AM.

If you see this... +1 Post Point!

Register or sign in to remove this ad!

#2 Xin

Xin

Revenant

• Site Staff
  • 6669 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:06 AM

well, it's an HD recut of the film, hopefully 1080p (but i'll settle for 720p) with added scenes and dialogue, it releases in 2009, and now comes with a demo for Final Fantasy XIII and will be available in a Limited Edition bundle with the PS3.

so it'll sell gangbusters regardless if we think it's worth it~

#3 M J Maranan

M J Maranan

Lord

• Members
  • 1434 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:25 AM

That may be true, it will most likely sell like pancakes, as they say. Still, I was hoping for a fan's opinion not technical specs. Thank you for telling me that it comes with a Final Fantasy XIII demo, though. Are there more extras that anyone else knows that could persuade a fan that's losing interest in Final Fantasy VII spin-offs or basically any fan who loves the series?

#4 kweh!

kweh!

Save your thanks for the moogles

• Members
  • 2668 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 03:06 AM

I think the extra scenes are what will make it sell. It is a very visual film (probably its main strength) and watching it in 1080p with added scenes seems like a worthwhile investment.

Though I doubt that we'll get the FFXIII demo in the West. That would mean that a reasonable chunk of the translation would have been completed, before too long, which doesn't seem to be the case according to interviews that I've read. Although, we may get it if Advent Children Complete gets a later Western release, further into the FFXIII development schedule. Either way, we have to wait.

P3P.png
Playing: FFXIV: ARR (Fishing)

FFX HD Remaster (Vita)

#5 Sledgemeyers

Sledgemeyers

King

• Members
  • 2426 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:21 AM

I'll get it for the XIII demo... That and I suppose to see the graphics even more crisper on my 72" HD television. Though they already look great, for real.

Posted Image

#6 kweh!

kweh!

• Members
  • 2668 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 04:02 AM

I'll get it for the XIII demo... That and I suppose to see the graphics even more crisper on my 72" HD television. Though they already look great, for real.

I think a lot of people will get it for the demo.

So, if a Square-Enix employee is reading this, put in a good word for a Western release of the FFXIII demo with Advent Children Complete. While you're at it, give us a Versus demo as well. Oh, and release a Dissidia demo and a Birth by Sleep demo on PSN. Also, pushing forward the release dates on all of your upcoming games would be greatly appreciated. And don't forget to include a Slime plushie... I think that's about it.

P3P.png

FFX HD Remaster (Vita)

#7 M J Maranan

M J Maranan

Lord

• Members
  • 1434 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 04:58 AM

Even IF an influential Square-Enix employee or higher was reading this, the most likely result would be that Japan will then receive a better Blu-Ray compilation than what you requested.

Just like that 7777 copies of limited edition Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children bundle that was released a few years back for Japan only. I would have loved to own a reprint of Final Fantasy VII and a freakin' Cloud Strife and Fenrir motorcycle action figure among others. All North America got for a limited edition was a translated Final Fantasy VII: Last Order anime, postcards, and post-Final Fantasy VII through pre-Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children timeline book.

#8 kweh!

kweh!

• Members
  • 2668 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:32 AM

Even IF an influential Square-Enix employee or higher was reading this, the most likely result would be that Japan will then receive a better Blu-Ray compilation than what you requested.

Just like that 7777 copies of limited edition Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children bundle that was released a few years back for Japan only. I would have loved to own a reprint of Final Fantasy VII and a freakin' Cloud Strife and Fenrir motorcycle action figure among others. All North America got for a limited edition was a translated Final Fantasy VII: Last Order anime, postcards, and post-Final Fantasy VII through pre-Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children timeline book.

:D Too true. In the Australia we didn't even get that. I would have loved to have gotten a copy of Last Order.

P3P.png

FFX HD Remaster (Vita)

#9 M J Maranan

M J Maranan

Lord

• Members
  • 1434 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:58 PM

If you haven't watched the anime yet, try out VeohTV or YouTube. Hopefully, these links help:

YouTube version

VeohTV version

#10 First Class Soldier

First Class Soldier

Soldier

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 05:51 PM

Hopefully to US version will include the last order as well.

Give the people what they want.

#11 M J Maranan

M J Maranan

Lord

• Members
  • 1434 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 06:55 PM

It did, on the US Collector's Edition set, which released a few months after the 2-disc edition, I believe.

#12 The Platinum Shadow

The Platinum Shadow

Soldier

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 05:05 PM

I just watched it again last night, I dont have a blue ray player and i wouldnt buy another AC just to see some retouching. Although I do think it's a good movie, especially to fans of the series
[Those Wings, I want them too.....]

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 M J Maranan

M J Maranan

Lord

• Members
  • 1434 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:44 AM

I would more than likely buy it if it contains a reprint of Final Fantasy VII, though. That or an awesome collectible. A demo of Final Fantasy XIII just doesn't persuade enough, in my opinion.

#14 First Class Soldier

First Class Soldier

Soldier

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:20 AM

Are you kidding, It's gonna be a while to play the game and PS3 owners need something of a good RPG. This is as close as were gonna get for quite a while.

Give the people what they want.

#15 M J Maranan

M J Maranan

Lord

• Members
  • 1434 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 04:37 AM

Since the release date is pending and apparently PS3 owners are "starving" for RPGs, here's a list of some games that have confirmed release dates:

Eternal Sonata (10/21/2008)
Fallout 3 (10/28/2008)
Rise Of The Argonauts (01/01/2009)
Valkyria Chronicles (11/11/2008)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users