Photo

CHRONO TRIGGER RESSURECTION, RECREATION

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Poll: Return of a company?

Do you think that the company that created CHRONO TRIGGER RESURRECTION, should come back and doa joint company project on the ps3 with SQUARE ENIX and start again?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Shadowsector

Shadowsector

Peasant

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:39 PM

THE RETURN OF CHRONO TRIGGER RESURRECTION!

Ok so here's the idea, enough of us get together, we get in contect with Nathan Lazur, the great Project Director of CHRONO TRIGGER RESURRECTION as well as SQUARE ENIX and get them together to do a joint-company project on the PS3.

WE COULD BRING BACK CHRONO TRIGGER RESURRECTION!
Seriously tho, I think this would work out.

I still have the link tot he origanel site if anybody wishes to check it out and get toing with my idea with me.

http://www.opcoder.c...s/chrono/about/

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

LONG LIVE CHRONO!

Register or sign in to remove this ad!

#2 Shadowsector

Shadowsector

Peasant

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:40 PM

Few "2" many images for 1 post.

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • kula shakerz likes this

#3 Funkrush!

Funkrush!

Knight

• Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:50 PM

No more 3D piss-shit of 2D classics. Please.

Chrono Trigger is one of the best stories I have ever experienced, leave it alone.

Put energy and effort into surpassing what is already very very good, instead.

Edited by Funkrush!, 05 July 2009 - 09:52 PM.

• Grahf likes this

Posted Image
straight for y√Ľko OPAQUE DOLL

#4 Hikusaak

Hikusaak

Adventurer

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 10:10 PM

I very much doubt Square Enix would be interested in letting some fan group create an official game with them. And on top of that, they haven't shown much common sense regarding the Chrono series anyway.
Apparently they think that the sales of the DS port shows how many fans are interested in a new game in the series. Link
So if I don't buy a new Chrono Trigger port again (there was one for PS1 as well), it means that I'm not interested in a sequel? Not to mention it was a $40 port of a 14 year old game.

Edited by Hikusaak, 05 July 2009 - 10:17 PM.

Posted Image
Music | Boom Boom Satellites
Game | Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
Anime | N/A

Next game | Tales of Graces F
~Dreamers Gamers @ Playfire~

#5 Shadowsector

Shadowsector

Peasant

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 10:11 PM

No more 3D piss-shit of 2D classics. Please.Chrono Trigger is one of the best stories I have ever experienced, leave it alone.Put energy and effort into surpassing what is already very very good, instead.

Funk, give it a rest, I hate it when ppl complain about great ideas, if your gonna complain, do me and others a favor,don't post, this is gonna happen eventualy no matter what anyways if you ask me, because no super nintendo is gonna last forever, cartidges are becomign obsolete, and your not gonna find anything in 2d today, heck most ds games are 3d now.

I very much doubt Square Enix would be interested in letting some fan group create an official game with them. And on top of that, they haven't shown much common sense regarding the Chrono series anyway.Apparently they think that the sales of the DS port shows how many fans are interested in a new game in the series.So if I don't buy a new Chrono Trigger port again (there was one for PS1 as well), it means that I'm not interested in a sequel? Great thinking, Square.

Lol you never checked out the gameplay vids and nat did you mate? This wasn't no "fan" group.And sqaure enix seem to do things that are by "populer demand".Also that's because they changed the gameply, name of items, and nobody wants to looka t that damn small screen for the game.What I'm thinking of is something that would have ppl raving, not to mention i did say for the PS3, that alone would have ppl raving.

Edited by kula shakerz, 13 July 2009 - 09:05 AM.

#6 Hikusaak

Hikusaak

Adventurer

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 10:30 PM

Lol you never checked out the gameplay vids and nat did you mate? This wasn't no "fan" group.

I saw the original trailer a few years ago that didn't have any gameplay. What about the gameplay trailer? And any group who remake a product which copyright is owned by another company, and without the permission of that is called a fan group.

And sqaure enix seem to do things that are by "populer demand".

Also that's because they changed the gameply, name of items, and nobody wants to looka t that damn small screen for the game.

Well as it stands, Square Enix seem to believe that the sales of the Chrono Trigger ports dictates how man fans are interested in a sequel. As flawed as that reasoning is, that's their mentality.

Edited by Hikusaak, 05 July 2009 - 10:43 PM.

Posted Image
Anime | N/A

#7 Shadowsector

Shadowsector

Peasant

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 10:46 PM

I saw the original trailer a few years ago that didn't have any gameplay. What about the gameplay trailer? And any group who remake a product which copyright is owned by another company, and without the permission of that is called a fan group.

Well as it stands, Square Enix seem to believe that the sales of the Chrono Trigger ports dictates how man fans are interested in a sequel. As flawed as that reasoning is, that's their mentality.

I have a gaemplay trailer, the link is here, but I'm uploading it to tinypic to put in this thread after I'm done downloading it from youtube.

Also, call ema fan group if you want, but most ppl's idea of a fan group is a bunch of nerds at a comic con.

Edited by Shadowsector, 05 July 2009 - 10:48 PM.

#8 Hikusaak

Hikusaak

Adventurer

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 10:52 PM

No, I didn't mean that. They were obviously pretty ambitious with this project. I was just referring to how I have a hard time seeing Square Enix cooperating with a fan group like this, when they're even hesitant to make a sequel because the fans aren't re buying their overpriced ports.
I'm not really aware of any such collaborations that may have happened. But I do know that Square have ignored petitions from fans regarding this game before. http://en.wikipedia....e_and_aftermath

And yeah, the gameplay looks pretty nice.

Posted Image
Anime | N/A

#9 Shadowsector

Shadowsector

Peasant

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 10:57 PM

No, I didn't mean that. They were obviously pretty ambitious with this project. I was just referring to how I have a hard time seeing Square Enix cooperating with a fan group like this, when they're even hesitant to make a sequel because the fans aren't re buying their overpriced ports.
I'm not really aware of any such collaborations that may have happened. But I do know that Square have ignored petitions from fans regarding this game before. http://en.wikipedia....e_and_aftermath

And yeah, the gameplay looks pretty nice.

Well what I had in mind, was the origanel thing of Nathan Lazur and his group doing most of the work, (as they already were) Coming up with adds, ect, seeing as they obviously had funding. Just doing this joint with sqaure enix so SE got part of the profits, and help with the production if it was a hit while still in production, that way it could be produced without breaking any laws and incase you havent noticed, 3d sword fighting, turn based games today, seem to be a big hits, realistic 3d or just normal 3d.

Edited by Shadowsector, 05 July 2009 - 11:07 PM.

#10 Shadowsector

Shadowsector

Peasant

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 10:59 PM

Also here's the trailer, when I tried embeding from youtube, it was a no go, its not best quality, but I hope it works out.

View My Video

Well that didn't turn out the way I had hoped, anyways Ive got more vids, but I'll show you them later, I'm a somewhat busy atm.

Edited by Shadowsector, 05 July 2009 - 11:01 PM.

#11 felipechuncho

felipechuncho

Peasant

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:17 PM

ok, and what can we do?

#12 Shadowsector

Shadowsector

Peasant

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 08:26 PM

ok, and what can we do?

Spread the word, get it around, get it to other sqaure-enix type forums, and most of all, we need tog et in contact with Nathan Lazur, once in contact with him, it wont be to long befor we get this plan off the ground.

P.S. youtube works well for spreading the word of stuff.

#13 J3nova

J3nova

Ranger

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:13 PM

Wouldnt this work better for psp then for ps3?
I would fcking love to see this on psp
But unfortunatly square enix is lazy and wont do this...i mean they just released chrono trigger again for nds without putting much work in it...and complains for its low sale rate

I dont think they have enough confidence in chrono trigger to actually pull this off

And if you really want to get in contact http://www.facebook.com/NathanLazur

Edited by Hajimaru, 12 July 2009 - 09:15 PM.

#14 The Doomermancer

The Doomermancer

FOOLISH MORTAL !!

• Members
  • 6230 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:16 PM

or how about we fucking move on already.

enough shitty ff7 everythings and enough shitty chronotrigger remake attempts.

changing a 2D game from 20 years ago into a 3D revamp CHANGES THE FUNDAMENTALS of the game.

people are DESTROYING MODERN ART by not CREATING ANYTHING NEW. between emulation, PS1 port, and the DS port - it is READILY AVAILABLE. We see a new thread like this every so often and nothing ever comes out of it.
  • Grahf, The Grapist and Funkrush! like this

#15 Shadowsector

Shadowsector

Peasant

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:42 PM

Wouldnt this work better for psp then for ps3?
I would fcking love to see this on psp
But unfortunatly square enix is lazy and wont do this...i mean they just released chrono trigger again for nds without putting much work in it...and complains for its low sale rate

I dont think they have enough confidence in chrono trigger to actually pull this off

And if you really want to get in contact http://www.facebook.com/NathanLazur

Thanks for the link, but do I really have to copy and paste? "Nathan Lazur, the great Project Director of CHRONO TRIGGER RESURRECTION" sqaure enix wouldnt lift a finger for this, but if nathan is working on it with his team that worked on the origanel, it'll get done, and anyways, why the ps3? Lol mate because the bluray discs (if it ends up being that big, I have no doubt in that matter either) hold substantial amounts of data, the game already had the quality of ps3 games, the lenth would require a bluray disc, and at that with a little touch up work, ect, trophies, ect, it would be a hit.

Uh ya, just realised I haet facebook, lol......... Time to make a new account, seeing as I total'd the one i made a long ass time ago.

Edited by Shadowsector, 12 July 2009 - 11:49 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users