Photo

CHRONO TRIGGER RESSURECTION, RECREATION

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Poll: Return of a company?

Do you think that the company that created CHRONO TRIGGER RESURRECTION, should come back and doa joint company project on the ps3 with SQUARE ENIX and start again?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Shadowsector

Shadowsector

Peasant

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:51 PM

I mean, there have been several very public interviews lately where the creators of the Chrono games and other Squenix officials have stated their utter lack of interest in making any new Chrono games because of the poor sales and everything.

http://en.wikipedia..../Chrono_Trigger

again..... LEARN TO READ

And we all know the reason why sales were bad was A), it was on the ds, with a shitty small screen, B) they changed parts of the game, it was no longer "origanel" and C) everybody likes origanel 2D's, nobody likes a 2D REMAKE, A 3D remake for the ps3, would go big, no matter what, its for the ps3 ffs....... Ever heard of propaganda? Everything that goes in the latest Gen goes big, one clip at a E3 and it'd be set, just liek the FF7 on the psn.

GO TO SCHOOL, THEN REPLY!

Sorry you just were schooled.
  • felipechuncho likes this

Register or sign in to remove this ad!

#32 Grahf

Grahf

Seeker of Power

• Members
  • 2287 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:19 PM

Yeah, we know why the sales were bad, but Squenix doesn't seem to.

If everything in this GEN goes big so easily, why not set up new franchises? You need to start thinking like a business, because that's what Squenix is.

Edited by dada, 14 July 2009 - 10:29 PM.

• kula shakerz likes this

#33 Funkrush!

Funkrush!

Knight

• Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:28 PM

ITS SQAURE ENIX!

WAIT WHA—
  • kula shakerz and Grahf like this

Posted Image
straight for yûko OPAQUE DOLL

#34 Grahf

Grahf

Seeker of Power

• Members
  • 2287 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:18 PM

Wow he's right, I just looked it up.
  • kula shakerz likes this

#35 Shadowsector

Shadowsector

Peasant

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:49 PM

ARE YOU JUST LEARNING THIS NOW???!!!

I'm sorry but if your just learning this now I cant take your "word" for anything, so, get out.

#36 kula shakerz

kula shakerz

• Administrators
  • 11775 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 08:02 AM

I think your should calm down a bit ;)

:rolleyes:
  • kweh! likes this

Working on: Mako Framework & SQIN6. pens.png

#37 Shadowsector

Shadowsector

Peasant

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:16 AM

:rolleyes:

Read my ealier posts.

#38 kula shakerz

kula shakerz

• Administrators
  • 11775 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:25 AM

Exams are no excuse for not behaving like a civilized person when posting on a message board.
  • kweh! likes this

Working on: Mako Framework & SQIN6. pens.png

#39 Shadowsector

Shadowsector

Peasant

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:13 AM

Exams are no excuse for not behaving like a civilized person when posting on a message board.

*Exams finish, kyakking trip later, kick back a few.....*

Well hows that for civalized?

EDIT: C mon, you gota agree with me tho, now knowing it was SQUARE ENIX?

Did they even look at the name of the forums befor they signed up?

Edited by Shadowsector, 17 July 2009 - 12:15 AM.

#40 NA

NA

(~¯ ▽¯)~

• Members
  • 2503 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:05 AM

*Exams finish, kyakking trip later, kick back a few.....*

Well hows that for civalized?

EDIT: C mon, you gota agree with me tho, now knowing it was SQUARE ENIX?

Did they even look at the name of the forums befor they signed up?

You still haven't addressed the Cease and Desist letter.

To far away times❧

#41 Shadowsector

Shadowsector

Peasant

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:23 AM

You still haven't addressed the Cease and Desist letter.

Good point, if we can get in contact with SE and Nathan at the same time with this plan, we might be able to work something out, because I know SE's latest games arn't doing the best, non of em are really.

#42 kweh!

kweh!

Save your thanks for the moogles

• Members
  • 2668 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:29 AM

I know SE's latest games arn't doing the best, non of em are really.

Just a moment:
http://www.squareins...et-paid-update/

Ok, now please, continue.

P3P.png
Playing: FFXIV: ARR (Fishing)

FFX HD Remaster (Vita)

#43 Shadowsector

Shadowsector

Peasant

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:04 AM

Just a moment:
http://www.squareins...et-paid-update/

Ok, now please, continue.

Ok I'll admit you just made me look like fool, but compared to previous sales on a ALL GAME basis, sqaure enix isn't doing to well.

Edited by Shadowsector, 18 July 2009 - 02:04 AM.

#44 V_Translanka

V_Translanka

Commander

• Members
  • 1052 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:19 AM

Unless "doa joint company project" means smoke a fatty and dream the impossible dream (and if it doesn't, it TOTALLY SHOULD), then, no, this is SO far from happening that it is in fact itself and impossible dream. Surely there's better things to waste our time doing...like, y'know...fan stuff...? *shrugs*

Edited by V_Translanka, 27 July 2009 - 05:20 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Chrono Compendium

Ass Kickers: V_Translanka, ZeaLitY, RJ, TranceKuja, Symmetry, Ido_Alpha_Omega, The FFFanatic, death or defeat, Rufus, KainAzrael

#45 Hikusaak

Hikusaak

Adventurer

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:58 AM

And we all know the reason why sales were bad was A), it was on the ds, with a shitty small screen, B) they changed parts of the game, it was no longer "origanel" and C) everybody likes origanel 2D's, nobody likes a 2D REMAKE, A 3D remake for the ps3, would go big, no matter what, its for the ps3 ffs....... Ever heard of propaganda? Everything that goes in the latest Gen goes big, one clip at a E3 and it'd be set, just liek the FF7 on the psn.

Regarding A.) I'm pretty sure being on the most successful and fastest selling platform isn't a big problem. DS consoles and DS games sell like hotcakes all around the world. As for B.) I think they only added things? Not sure if they changed anything. But for fans who have already played the previous versions of the game, added content is an incentive to get this version. I agree with you on C.) though. Especially since the game has already been ported to PS1 before. It's not all that exciting for many of us to buy the same game for a third time.

Let me show you the recent statement from Square Enix that some of us were referring to.

Hoping for a new Chrono Trigger game? Better start buying your grandmother and her dog a copy, too. 

Speaking to RPGsite.com, Square Enix Senior Vice President Shinji Hashimoto says the franchise hasn't sold well enough to warrant development of a new title in the series. When told fans were clamoring for a new game, Hashimoto shrugged it off. 

"That's not what the sales tell me!" Hashimoto said. "If people want a sequel, they should buy more!"

While sales of the Nintendo DS version of the Super Nintendo classic were somewhat sluggish, with worldwide sales reaching close to 800K last year, it doesn't help the game originally hit retail shelves at a ridiculous $39.99 price point in the North America. 

If Square-Enix wants more sales, how about they stop overcharging fans for 14-year old ports?

IGN

As someone pointed out before, we know why the sales of yet another port of a 15 year old game didn't sell as well as they expected. The point is that they don't seem to share that opinion. And I guess that's what really matters in the end.

To be honest, and I don't mean this in a disrespectful way, your outlook on the gaming industry seems a bit too optimistic. For example, "getting in touch with Square Enix". Do you have any idea of how many letters they get every day from fans all over the world who have ideas for games they should make, or things they should do? It's not like the higher ups have time to read through all those letters. The only time to get an idea through to them would probably be during a survey they conduct, or during an interview. And as shown in the interview I posted above, they don't seem to believe that a sequel to the game is wanted by the fans.
And collaborating with the makers of the fanmade version seems even harder to picture, since they sent a Cease and Desist letter rather than approaching them with this idea in the first place.

Edited by Hikusaak, 27 July 2009 - 08:36 AM.

Posted Image
Music | Boom Boom Satellites
Game | Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
Anime | N/A

Next game | Tales of Graces F
~Dreamers Gamers @ Playfire~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users