• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Fireball Princess

Fireball Princess

Ranger

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 10:56 AM

Ok guys this is my problem. I am in my last year of school(thank god), but so far this aint been a happy year. So i am thinking of quitting, because i got all the grades i needed to get into colleges last year and this year was just to improve on them. My problem is that i am too late for handing in a application form for a college as they started last week and i cant get into the college until next year. So should i stay at my school and suffer it for the whole year and wait until next year to get into college, or leave now and get a full time job for some money for my college course seeing as it will be expensive. please help me :(

Register or sign in to remove this ad!

#2 final-bahamut

final-bahamut

Bahamut the Rebooter

• Members
  • 3871 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 11:16 AM

Nice to see you here FBP. You always hang-out in Role-Playing Section.
You should just get a full time job coz college edu. is really expensive depending on the school you're enrolled. I say get a job than just waste a time in school when it doesn't really benefit you at all. I hope I was able to help you.

bahamut_ascending_by_ryumakkuro-d6ozkrr.

#3 Lord Kakamo

Lord Kakamo

Cthulhu ftagn!

• Members
  • 2440 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 11:27 AM

well I've already given you my advice...good luck

#4 final-bahamut

final-bahamut

Bahamut the Rebooter

• Members
  • 3871 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 11:32 AM

How? did you just sent a pm to her.

bahamut_ascending_by_ryumakkuro-d6ozkrr.

#5 frog

frog

Knight

• Members
  • 799 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 11:46 AM

if school just seems to be wasting yer tim then get a job which will benifit u. but u really shouldnt take advice from a couple of people on a message board. talk to a college counselor or something
respects list: yo momma, yo momma's best friend, ikuzo

#6 Sunny

Sunny

Commander

• Members
  • 1098 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 12:06 AM

if school just seems to be wasting yer tim then get a job which will benifit u. but u really shouldnt take advice from a couple of people on a message board. talk to a college counselor or something

i totally agree with frog for once. you have to make a decision that will be the most beneficial to your future. these are the critical years for people. be sure you know what youre doing, and talk to a career or college counselor.
Posted Image
"I see you are-"
"Dumbledore's man through and through. That's right."

#7 Chrono Ken

Chrono Ken

Chronomaster

• Members
  • 2279 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 12:29 AM

I'd stay in school just cause I don't have any problems with it. Enjoy one more free year of priviledged education while you still can. Plus, it'll help you stay in shape for the college courses.

#8 Cloud_&_Aeris_forever

Cloud_&_Aeris_forever

Merchant

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 02:10 AM

I'd stay in school just cause I don't have any problems with it. Enjoy one more free year of priviledged education while you still can. Plus, it'll help you stay in shape for the college courses.

That is a great thing to say and is very true...
Some people are wierd
Others should be locked up in a cage!
Cloud and Aeris Forever
Posted Image

#9 AceDozer

AceDozer

Ranger

• Members
  • 480 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 02:14 AM

Yea, you need to talk to a counselor about this since this decision will play out the rest of your future. It's a very important one and I'm sure you don't want to make a mistake that'll change the course of your life.

Let me just say that even though high school felt like it wasted alot of my time, I'm still glad I stuck it through since I now feel ahead of alot of students here in college.

#10 Pinkerton

Pinkerton

King

• Banned
  • 4055 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 03:13 AM

what might be best for me, might not be best for you. with that in mind i shall give some advice. in my situation after high school i went straight to work. it took me 2 years to get back to school. i have to work my school schedule around my work schedule, when it should be the other way around. i still am in school but i am 2 years behind my friends.

on the other hand i always had money in my pocket and i always paid my bills on time.

#11 frog

frog

Knight

• Members
  • 799 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 11:51 AM

i totally agree with frog for once.

yay. thats more agreeals with tthe great me! w000t. yeah talk to a college counselor. i wouldn't stay in school though. i personally hate school.
respects list: yo momma, yo momma's best friend, ikuzo

#12 Zero

Zero

Adventurer

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 11:57 AM

it'll help you stay in shape for the college courses.

I agree ur grades will fall if u have to get use to making homework again
Posted Image
^ click my siggy, and join my forum please ^_^

#13 sifar

sifar

Gwahahahahahaa...

• Super Moderators
  • 4401 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 12:35 PM

It actually depends Princess ... if leaving school doesn't affect your grades then go ahead and leave school ... but you must get a job first ... or else you'll just waste your time.

I'm in 2nd year university and trust me ... money is essential. Having a little cash to cover your books or other expenses is a must. Plus ... you need to relax a little b4 college starts. Its tough going to post secondary education ... so take a breather.

Thats my opinion. ;)
FFXI >> Gwaihir | Kujata | RNK10
JOBS - PLD75, THF75, WHM42, RDM37 - MERITS - 219
MISSIONS - ZM17, CoP 8-5, ToAU SL - Cooking 66.7

#14 eSt

eSt

Commander

• Members
  • 1382 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 08:47 PM

Just stay for the extra year I reckon
"I'm just a notch in your bed post, but your just a line in a song." - Fallout Boy

#15 Heavens Cloud

Heavens Cloud

Impossible To Gauge

• Members
  • 2703 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 08:53 PM

maybe you should take a year of school off get a job then come back and maybe you will like it more...

Edited by Heavens_Cloud_X, 04 September 2003 - 08:54 PM.

Heavencloud|WHM75/BLM75/NIN75/RDM75/BRD75/RNG75/WAR75/PLD75/SCH75|Kujata|RANK 10|
ZM Done|CoP Done|ToAU Done|
Leathercraft 100+6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users